- 7 home studios that use LED lights to their maximum potential.
- Get ideas on how to use LED lighting for your music studio.
- We’ve included 7 LED light options you can use to take your music studio setup to the next level.
Studio Design Ideas: Music Studio LED Lighting
Gamers and producers both revel in their adoration for LED lighting setups. In fact, these two markets alone probably account for the majority of their global sales year after year.
It’s little surprise, for LEDs add an unmistakably cool, modern vibe to any home studio, be it for music, gaming, or just general entertainment areas of the house.
The technology has also rapidly advanced, with
- Brighter colors
- Wider array of hues
- Automation and dimming features
- Voice/sound activation.
Home music studio owners have embraced the technology with open arms, and this post serves as an appreciation to LED light-centric music studios worldwide.
LED Lighting Setups For Music Studios
We countdown our top 7 favorite music studio setups with seriously epic LED lighting.
After that, we’ll show you 7 of our favorite LED lighting products that you could use today to inject serious vibe into your own music studio.
7) Its Capital P
Classic luminescent blue against pink provided by the floor globes helps transform this studio setup into a creative hub of inspiration. Loving the LED globe/orbs (check them out here) placed in the corners that give off a satisfying fluorescent glow.
Like something out of Tron, this studio screams modern sophistication with the isolation pads, hanging roof panels and of course, the tasteful LED strips (check out our 7 favorite LED strips here) along the front of the console.
5) Bocky Balboa
Bocky Balboa’s setup is one of the cleanest we’ve seen. The LED lights elevate this studio’s vibe, and when combined with the orange baffle absorbers and white sofa, the color scheme comes to life.
Simple, minimal and elegant. Everything here fits like a glove, except maybe for the oddly positioned ugg boots on the window sill. The blue monitors really lift up the color scheme as well.
3) Lenon Kiss
We love minimal setups, and this one is no exception. Lenon Kiss’ opted for the neon green against cobalt blue which gives this studio a very unique feel. Great job with the soundproofing as well.
2) District Sound Lab
Classic 90’s studio vibes right here. Absolutely love how the green emanates the sweet spot of the listening position, while the purple LED hues glisten and warm up the front area of the studio setup.
Saving the absolute best for last, we have Vinylz’ out-of-this-world setup. This producer has gone to extreme lengths to create a battlestation that’d be a dream workspace. I’m not even a huge Star Wars fan but you have to respect the effort put in here. Bravo, Vinylz — you win this round.
7 Music Studio Mood Lighting Options For LED Lovers
Feeling inspired to take your studio lighting setup to the next level? We scoured the internet for the best LED lights for music studios we could find, and reckon any of these would do a superb job at injecting vibe into your studio.
For those of you writing techy, sci-fi influenced beats reminscent of Jeff Mills or Planetary Assault Systems, transporting your studio into space might be something you’re interested in.
The SKYlite does exactly that, instantly projecting a field of drifting stars against a meandering LED nebula cloud.
Via the control interface, you are able to cycle through various light effects, adjust its brightness, and stop/start the animations.
Check it out here.
- The SKYlite instantly projects a field of drifting stars against a transforming blue nebula cloud
- Simple button controls make it easy to cycle through light effects, adjust brightness, or start/stop the rotating motion
- A unique way to light up parties, revitalize your workspace, or light a romantic dinner for two. It also works as a...
- Enjoy dining under the stars, create a relaxing spa environment, or accent your home theater in seconds!
- An excellent gift for adults and kids alike! Includes AC adapter.
The Loftek LED Light Ball is an 8″ RGB rechargeable light. It’s designed for both indoor and outdoor use, due to its waterproof and rechargeable features. This makes it the perfect accompaniment to parties and home studios.
Aside from the 16 beautiful RGB colors, the remote control allows you to switch between 4 lighting modes, each with its own unique personality and vibe. You can also control the brightness/dimming, and it features 4 awesome light transition effects.
As mentioned, it’s waterproof, so what’s really cool about this one is you could literally toss it into a pool and turn a Summer BBQ into an unforgettable sensory experience. For this reason alone, there’s little surprise why it’s one of the most popular LED light globes on Amazon right now. Check it out here.
- Lighting Takes Shape: Vibrant, multicolored LED light with high-quality, eco-friendly acrylic housing in a cool 8 inch...
- Multifunctional: 16 beautiful RGB colors and 4 lighting modes; remote-controllable and rechargeable with included AC...
- Eco-Friendly: Completely free of UV, IR, lead, mercury, and other toxic elements.
- Waterproof: IP 65-rated; fully waterproof and dust-protected. Fully useable both indoors and outdoors.
- LOFTEK's Guarantee: We stand by our products with a 12 month, unlimited warranty and support when you purchase from...
Lava lamps, the go-to “studio-pimper” for any and every music studio, regardless of the level of professionalism. Simply adding one of these to your room yields positive results instantly. The mesmerizing globs of searing hot wax have sat atop the mixing console of some of the most famous studios in history and have been present in the recording sessions of some of the most influential musicians of our generation.
Mathmos are the first and original lava lamp designed by Edward Craven Walker – the founder of Mathmos and inventor of lava lamps. The Mathmos Astro is a Pop Design classic and has been in continuous British production since 1963.
This range of ‘Astro’ lava lamps are hand polished and feature a unique lava lamp formula that has brighter, clearer liquids that last longer than other lava lamps. The wax itself is beautiful and performs for years, while most of the cheaper copycats deteriorate after little time. Can’t beat the OG, right?
You can purchase one from here.
P.S. We recently did a shootout of 5 of the best-selling lava lamps on the market. Click here to read it!
The Nanoleaf Auroras are an ingenious bit of smart LED lighting studio kit. There’s really nothing quite like it that I’ve come across. The arrangement possibilities are endless, allowing you to transform any studio into a full-blown spaceship disco. Even if you’re after just a minimal amount of ambiance to shake up your creative juices, it can do that too.
They’re super easy and fun to set up. The Nanoleaf Aurora starter kit (aka the Smarter Kit) includes 9 triangular panels, a controller, and 9 connectors for you to effortlessly link the panels to one another. Each side houses a connector slot, so there is nothing stopping you from arranging them however you wish. Let your creativity run wild piecing up your own unique patterns (each controller supports up to 30 panels).
Don’t worry about buying tape or anything, it’s all included in the box.
A lot of happy customers have recommended purchasing the add-on ‘Nanoleaf Aurora Rhythm Sound’, which plug right into the panels and allow for the LED colors to sync to your music.
The app is super intuitive, and testament to how far smart lighting technology has come in 2019. Select from various color schemes including Burst, Forest & Romantic — each as impressive as the next.
The Rhythm module (check it out here) is where it gets really, really interesting. It intelligently reacts to the sounds in your room — a snare drum would create a brief explosion of red luminiscent light, while a kick drum sprayed cool, blue hues across the room. This is really next generation stuff.
It’s quite modular too, in that you can create your own lighting scenes, giving you access to the order of colors, the speed/reaction time, and brightness. Additionally, you can create your very own custom scenes to operate in the Rhythm module.
- Color-changing light -choose from 16.7 million colors, Tunable 1200k-6500k white light ranging from a soft warm Sunset...
- Double-sided mounting pads for no-holes, no-hassle installation of the light panels
- Customize with the free Nanoleaf smarter series app, works with Amazon echo, Google home, Google assistant, Siri, home...
- Supports up to 30 light panels in a single system
- Easily mounted onto any flat surface using mounting tape
You’ll need your budget hands for this one. It’s not cheap, but it is absolutely impressive. The Smart Cloud is an interactive and hyper-realistic looking cloud-inspired lamp and Bluetooth speaker combo.
The creator’s vision was to be able to replicate the vibe and ambiance of a thunderstorm, right inside your living quarters. It’s safe to say they achieved just that.
The cloud detects human presence in the room using built-in motion sensors, and creates a unique lightning and thunder show that is dictated by their movements. It’s a one-of-a-kind smart lighting solution, and one of those sorta things you just have to experience in person to really understand how incredible it really is.
As not everyone has a spare $3,000+USD to throw around on studio lighting (I certainly don’t), there are some cool options that do a similar job on Amazon.
Put your soldering and electronic skills to the test with this impressive DIY LED Cube suite by iCubeSmart.. Don’t fret though, it’s a simple enough project to assemble, and well worth the effort once it’s set up.
The cube has several built-in animations, of which you can customize using the editing software provided. Check out the video below to see some of the animation possibilities available. If you’d like to read more about the product specs, click here.
- [WHIT IS THIS] This is a DIY welding package for 3D cube light, a 3D matrix made up of 512 blue square LEDs, which can...
- [SIMPLE DIY] The PCB main board in this package has been well soldered and tested, and users only need to solder the LED...
- [EFFECTS CAN MODIFIED] More than 20 kinds of brilliant animation effects have been built into the main board of this...
- [MAIN BOARD FUNCTION] The size of the main board PCB is 7.08*7.28inch; the main board is powered by 5V USB; there are 4...
- [PROFESSIONAL SERVICES] iCubeSmart has been devoted to the design and production of light cube for 9 years. We have...
Still fancy drooling over more luscious LED music studio setups? Check out our handy LED Light Strip Buyer’s Guide For Music Studios.
Looking for more studio setup ideas to help you build and customize the home studio of your dreams? Head to our Studio Setup Ideas category for more glorious studio porn to deck out your music studio with. Also, check out our favorite music studio decor ideas here for even more studio goodies.
Last update on 2019-05-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API