- Learn how to reset Skullcandy earbuds
- Understand how pairing works
- Troubleshoot connection problems
- Also, learn how to reset Skullcandy wireless headphones (the easy way)!
There are several reasons why you may need to perform a reset of your Skullcandy earbuds. More often than not, you may be having pairing issues with your phone or laptop.
Performing a reset is a quick and easy way to rectify most issues. Still, sometimes you may need to dig a little deeper for those more nuanced problems such as your Skullcandy earbuds not charging properly, or only one Skullcandy earbud is working.
How Do I Reset Skullcandy Earbuds?
With extended battery life, an impressive set of controls and a compact, comfortable design, Sesh Evo checks all the right boxes.
- Balanced frequency response
- Sleek design
- Compatible with the Tile app
Before resetting your Skullcandy earbuds, you’ll need to ensure they aren’t currently paired with any nearby device.
They won’t be able to connect automatically, so you’ll only need to consider the devices, such as your phone, that they have been paired to in the past.
To do this, follow our instructions for whichever device you have paired your earbuds to:
Unpair Skullcandy Earbuds From iPhone
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ app
- Select ‘Bluetooth”
- Find your Skullcandy earbuds on the Bluetooth device list
- Hit the ‘i’ next to its name and select ‘Forget This Device’
Unpair Skullcandy Earbuds From Android
- Locate the ‘Settings’ app, then tap on the ‘Connections’ menu
- Select ‘Bluetooth’
- Tap the gear icon next to your earbuds
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Unpair’
Unpair Skullcandy Earbuds From iMac or Macbook
- Select the Apple logo in the top right of your screen
- Then select ‘System Preferences’
- Click on ‘Bluetooth’ to see a list of your Bluetooth devices
- Locate your earbuds on the list. Right-click, or tap with two fingers on your trackpad, and select ‘Remove’
Unpair Your Skullcandy Earbuds From PC Or Windows Laptop
- On the start, menu select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Bluetooth and Devices’
- Locate your earbuds and click on the three dots icon
- Select ‘Remove Device’ followed by ‘Yes’ to confirm
- On the start, menu select ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘Devices’
- Select ‘Bluetooth and Other Devices’
- Locate your earbuds and click on them
- Select ‘Remove Device’
It may also be helpful to switch off Bluetooth on your phone, laptop, or Macbook to ensure the earbuds are no longer connected.
Once your Skullcandy’s are removed, you are ready to perform a reset on the actual wireless earbuds.
How To Reset Skullcandy Earbuds
The actual process of resetting your Skullcandy Earbuds is very simple but will differ slightly depending on your model. All you need to do is follow these steps:
How To Reset Skullcandy Indy Evo
- Press and hold the power buttons on each earbud for around six seconds
- Once they have turned off, repeat this process but hold the buttons down for ten seconds
- After ten seconds, place your earbuds in their case and wait for the LEDs to flash red
- Now remove them from the case, a full reset has been performed, and the earbuds should flash blue
How To Reset Skullcandy Jib Earbuds
- Start by turning off your earbuds by holding down the power button on each for four seconds
- Hold both buttons for at least 10 seconds to initiate a reset
- If done correctly, your buds will power back on and flash blue to indicate they are connected to each other
How To Reset Skullcandy Sesh Earbuds
- Remove your earbuds from their case and push down on the left earbuds button six times. A red light will blink, and the earbud will power down
- Repeat this step with the right earbud
- If successful, the next time you remove them from their case, you will be prompted with a beep
How To Reset Skullcandy Push Earbuds
- Remove your earbuds from their case and manually turn them off
- Press the power button on each earbud for six seconds
- Once they are powered off, hold both buttons for ten seconds to initiate a reset
How To Reset Skullcandy Dime Earbuds
- Remove your earbuds from their case, allowing them to switch on
- Hit one of the earbud buttons twice, then hold down for a few seconds
- A reset will be performed, confirmed with a red and blue alternating light
Why Are My Skullcandy Earbuds Not Pairing?
Typically Skullcandy Earbuds have the same button for entering pairing mode. You’ll need to ensure this is enabled when trying to connect to a device. This will usually be the power on/off button.
Hold down the pairing button for 4-5 seconds, and you’ll notice a flashing light to confirm the earbuds are in pairing mode. Follow the usual steps on your device to ‘add Bluetooth device’.
Check You Are Close Enough To Your Device
If your earbuds are not showing up, check that you are in a suitable range from your device, as being too far away could affect your earbuds.
Check The Power Of Your Device
Ensure that your phone or laptop has adequate charge (some units may switch off Bluetooth to conserve battery power).
Reset Your Device
If your Skullcandy earbuds have been reset, but you still have connection issues, try resetting your phone, computer, or laptop.
Before you head off, check out our post on How To Reset Skullcandy Wireless Headphones!