- Learn how to put your JLab earbuds into pairing mode
- Understand how to connect to several device types
- Troubleshoot JLab earbuds connection issues
- Also, check out our guide on How To Charge JLab Earbuds!
If you own a pair of JLab earbuds, great! If you’re struggling to pair them to your Windows, iOS, or Android device, not so great.
Thankfully it’s a pretty painless process that doesn’t take long to do, so if you’re wondering how to pair JLab Bluetooth earbuds, we have you covered.
How To Get JLab Earbuds Into Pairing Mode
The first thing you’ll need to know if you want to pair JLab earbuds to your device is how to put the earbuds into pairing mode.
Entering pairing mode means your buds can connect to a new device, but it will also disconnect them from any other device they might be paired with.
There are two types of JLab earbuds – wireless and true wireless. Depending on which you have will affect how you enter pairing mode.
How To Put Your JLab Wireless Earbuds Into Pairing Mode
- Locate the multi-function button on your earbuds
- Hold the button down for ten seconds
- When the LED blinks red and blue, they have entered pairing mode
How To Put Your JLab True Wireless Earbuds Into Pairing Mode
- Locate the multi-function button
- Hold the button down for three seconds
- Look for a white LED light on the left earbud and a blue and white blinking light on the right. This signifies the buds are in pairing mode. You may also find a blue and white blinking light on each bud representing entering pairing mode.
How To Pair JLab Earbuds To Your Device
Now that we know how to ensure our JLab earbuds are in pairing mode, we’re ready to connect them to our music-playing device.
The process is usually very straightforward and similar across each JLab earbud.
How To Pair JLab Earbuds To Laptop
Pairing your JLAb Buds Air or the like is very easy when done on a Windows laptop or PC.
All you need to do is follow these easy instructions:
- Click on the start menu and type ‘Settings’
- In the settings menu, select ‘Devices’
- Click on ‘Bluetooth & Other Devices’
- Select ‘Add Bluetooth Or Other Device’
- Locate your JLab buds and select them to connect
How To Pair JLab Earbuds To Android
If you’re using an Android phone to listen to music, you’ll be pleased to know that it’s only a few taps to allow your buds to connect.
Here’s how to pair JLab earbuds to an Android device:
- Locate ‘Settings’ and ensure Bluetooth is enabled
- In the Bluetooth menu, select ‘Pair New Device’
- Locate your JLab earbuds and tap on them to connect
How To Pair JLab Earbuds To iPhone
If you’re wondering how to pair JLab Bluetooth earbuds to an iPhone, the process is very similar to that of Android and only takes a few taps to complete.
Follow these steps to complete the pairing process:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app
- Scroll to Bluetooth and ensure Bluetooth is enabled
- Locate your wireless earbuds and tap on them to connect
How To Pair JLab Earbuds To Mac
Pairing JLab earbuds to Mac computers is super simple.
All you need to do is follow these instructions to complete pairing:
- Select the Apple logo in the top left of the screen
- Select ‘System Preferences’
- Click on ‘Bluetooth’
- Locate your JLab earbuds and click on them to connect
Why Won’t My JLab Earbuds Connect To My Device?
While the process of connecting your JLab JBuds Air, or whichever product you own, should be straightforward, there are cases where some troubleshooting is needed.
If you’re wondering how to pair JLab Earbuds to iPhone, laptop, or other device and you’ve followed the steps above with no success, try these tips to get your connection working.
Check Your Earbuds Aren’t Connected To Another Device
Pairing up your JLab earbuds won’t work if they are already connected to another device.
If you’re trying to connect to a new device with no success, check to make sure you don’t have a connection with another.
In most cases removing your JLab Earbud’s Bluetooth connection is relatively simple. Locate the Bluetooth menu of whichever device they are connected to, and find your JLabs.
Select ‘disconnect’ or ‘remove device’, which should completely stop the pairing. After you’ve done this, try reconnecting to your new device.
The Earbuds Need Charging
You might find your earbuds won’t connect if there isn’t sufficient charge in them. This is a fairly common cause of connection issues in JLab JBuds Air.
Whether you’re using JLab JBuds Air earbuds or not, ensure they are fully charged and try reconnecting. This may solve the problem for you.
You Are Not In Range
This is a fairly obvious point but if you’re wondering how to pair JLab earbuds to iPhone, laptop, PC, or Mac, then making sure you are close enough to the device is integral to establishing a good connection.
Bring the earbuds close to your device when trying to pair, and you will eliminate this as a cause of the issue.
Ensure Your Device Isn’t Connected To Another Pair Of Headphones Or Speakers
Suppose the phone or computer you want to connect your earbuds to is already connected elsewhere to another pair of headphones or speakers.
In that case, it could be blocking the connection to your JLab earbuds (and this is the same whether you’re using JLab Buds Air or any other product).
Simply enter your device’s Bluetooth menu and ensure there isn’t an active connection to anything that might be blocking your JLab buds from connecting.
Usually, there will be an option to remove the device labeled ‘Remove’ or ‘Forget This Device’ or something similar.
Perform A Reset Of Your JLab Earbuds
If all else fails, try resetting your JLab Earbuds. This is different from simply turning them off and on, and it may allow you to reconnect to your device.
To perform a reset, just follow these instructions:
- Place both earbuds inside the charging case
- Tap on the button on one earbud four times. You should see a blinking light that will flash four times and turn blue
- Repeat this process for the second earbud
- Remove both earbuds from their case and keep them directly next to each other
- When the left earbud turns solid white and the right blinks blue/white, the reset has been completed
Want to shop around for some new earbuds? Check out our guide to the 7 Loudest Wireless Earbuds (That Money Can Buy)!