RØDE have released a brand new headset in the form of the NTH-100M.
The unit has been designed for exceptional audio capture and monitoring and is aimed at the content creator/streaming market although it will no doubt have it’s place in studios and offices around the world.
You may be familiar with their NTH-100 headphones, which are similar in spec, with the 100M being a headset version of the original. The NTH boom mic completes the set, however if you are an existing NTH-100 user, you’ll be able to use the same boom mic to complete the headset without having to fully upgrade to the NTH-100M.
RØDE are absolutely no strangers to build quality and the NTH-100M has been engineered with meticulous detail in their state of the art facility in Sydney to provide clarity with excellent frequency response (5Hz – 35Khz) and minimum distortion.
The headphones are fully adjustable with memory foam cups that offer superior levels of rejection whilst remaining comfortable. If you’re a streamer, podcaster or anyone who has a set of headphones on for long periods of time, you’ll be pleased to know about the CoolTech earcup gel will help dissipate heat (which can be a huge source of frustration and discomfort).
If you are looking to broadcast or record then then NTH mic locks into the headset easily and offers superb clarity and has been optimised to avoid annoying plosives that are all too common on close mics usually found on headsets.
But how much will the headset and mic set you back? Not much at all!
The headset is retailing at $189 whilst the mic will set you back $59.
- Custom-matched drivers that deliver an incredibly accurate frequency response and low distortion – ideal for both critical and everyday listening
- Precision-engineered acoustic construction optimised for exceptional detail and clarity
- Broadcast-grade condenser microphone for highly detailed voice reproduction
- Alcantara® earcup and headband cushions for superior comfort
- Unique ergonomic earcups with memory foam cushions for excellent noise isolation and revolutionary CoolTechTM gel for reducing fatigue
- Fully adjustable headband with FitLokTM locking system for a tailored feel
- Rugged, hard-wearing construction and modular design for unmatched durability
- Designed and made using high-grade components in RØDE’s state-of-the-art facilities in Sydney, Australia
- Covered by a lifetime warranty
“The NTH-100 headphones have been hugely successful since their release back in March,” said RØDE CEO Damien Wilson. “We spent years meticulously designing these headphones to deliver the best listening experience possible, and they were an instant hit with everyone from audio professionals to home musicians and content creators, particularly for their highly accurate sound signature and ultra-comfortable design. It was incredibly gratifying to see our hard work pay off and now it is with great pleasure that we can deliver everything the NTH-100s have to offer in a professional headset.”
For more information head to RØDE’s website.
The NTH-100M combines the superior comfort and exceptional sonic performance of the NTH-100 headphones with a broadcast-quality headset microphone.