- 6 nuggets of recording wisdom to take with you into your next studio session.
- Learn tricks of the trade from 6 legendary recording engineers.
Recording engineers are, at times, the unsung heroes of any hit record. There is an incredible amount of attention to detail that’s required, and recording techniques can often fly over the heads of those who have never done it before.
With that in mind, here are 6 tips from top recording engineers and musicians around the world on how to achieve quality recordings.
The following recording tips are from:
- Dani Bennett Spragg (MPG Awards Engineer of the Year, Noel Gallagher, The Amazons)
- Alexander Archer (Kasabian, The Cribs, Sigrid)
- Andrew Dudman (Senior Recording Engineer, Abbey Road)
- Steve Mackey (Pulp Bassist)
- John Barrett (Abbey Road, George Ezra, Mike Skinner)
- Sean Karpowicz (MD, Cranborne Audio)
6 Recording Engineering Tips From 6 Industry Pros
Want More Tips Like These?
- 7 Pro Vocal Mixing Tips From 7 Pro Mix Engineers
- 6 Compression Tips From 6 Legendary Producers
- 5 Creative Sound Design Tips That’ll Make You Rethink Effects
What’s Your Favorite Studio Setup Tip?
If you have a favorite mixing tip that belongs on this list, please let us know down in the comments below!